Deuteronomy 6:6-9 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
Do a little research and you will find that a great many of children never follow Christ as their parents did. A good portion of this is due to the lack of instruction in the home. It is true that some will still fall away even while parents may have taught these truths diligently. May we not lose our families while we are faithful to share the truth with others. Let us assess how we are doing.
1) Are God’s commandments in your heart?
2) Do your children know the truths of God?
3) Do you talk about the Bible around dinner or relaxing?
4) Do you talk about the Scriptures while you are going places?
4) Do you talk about them while you are lying down or waking?
5) Have you bound them in your hand, on your door post, on your gates?
Whatever amount of success you find in answering these verses remember that God is the one who saves. Yet may we be God’s tool in teaching our family God’s truth. Start today by memorizing this passage.